Using video for marketing means incorporating a video format into your marketing strategy to promote a brand, product, service, or message. Video marketing educates your audience effectively and helps increase engagement on social and digital channels.
The “how” of using video for marketing is pretty straightforward. Your marketing people create videos that either directly or indirectly promote your company and brand, drive sales, raise awareness of your business’s products and services, or engage current and potential customers.
- Designate your resources: You will need a video budget covering resources such as video equipment, effective editing software, dedicated time to work, and a video marketing team to bring these elements together.
- Build your story: Every video tells a story. What’s your story? What message are you trying to convey, and how do you want to share it?
- Plan your audience engagement: Although your message may be great, you still need to ensure that the audience is vested in it. You need to hook your audience and keep the story interesting. How do you plan on accomplishing this?
- Shorter is better: You’ve undoubtedly heard of the acronym TL/dr, standing for “Too long, didn’t read,” in the context of reading articles. The last thing you want is to have your video audience say, “Gee, how long is this video, anyway?” Of course, there’s no established standard video length, but the shorter, the better. The online audience’s attention span is short, so edit accordingly.
By now, you’re most likely getting the idea that video marketing is a great idea. But let’s drive home the point further by spelling out the benefits of video marketing.
- Your product will stand out more and be remembered better. Videos boost information retention
- The message remains longer on social feeds, so you don’t have to spend excessive time tinkering and updating your material
- Videos boost the public’s understanding of your services or products
- Videos increase exposure and subsequent engagement
- Videos tend to rank higher in searches, so there’s a better chance that your website will show up closer to the top of the search page
- Video marketing provides an easy way to personalize your customer engagement, which builds brand loyalty and recurring visits